Wednesday, November 30, 2011

i just felt like running ...

super crazy day at work today - quite draining but i knew i had to get out there and run tonight!  the weather cooperated and was only about -5C.  got geared up and headed out - with my Odester of course!

got to the usual turn around for my 5k route ... but wanted to keep running so i did!  ended up doing 7.59K in one hour.  i notice that my pace is quite a bit slower running in the snow, but I like just doing it and not worrying about pace.  felt good to be out there tonight - the quiet calm was really needed.

i'm liking this running in the cold so far!  oh - outfit was perfect today!  for those of you who are wondering - lol - if there are actually any readers! - i wore a short sleeve wicking top, a long sleeve top (with thumb holes - my fave) and my MEC running coat ... with the ugly vest on top of course!  safety first!  ditched the fleece lined aka falling down tights for leggings under my nice Nike running pants.  a neck warmer and a wide headband completed the ensemble.  pretty perfect temperature wise.

and now to do some dishes before i crash for the night.

If you're participating in the 20 Day Holiday Workout Challenge, how is it going?  

No comments:

Post a Comment